- to improve the browsing experience;
- to collect data on the use of the site by users (for example the most viewed pages, the channels of origin of the traffic, the performance of the site …), which allow us to improve the content, functionality and navigation of the site;
- to offer the public of our site content, and fundraising messages, of interest.
At the bottom of this document you will find the date of the last revision. This document may be updated at any time, based on the technical and functional updates and changes that we will be able to make on this site; these possible updates will be valid starting from their publication on this site.
What are cookies?
Based on their origin, cookies can be:
- first-party, or sent directly from our site;
- of third parties, coming from other sites and sent through our site.
If we look at their purpose, cookies can be:
- technical: they are used to browse or provide a service requested by the user and are not used for other purposes;
- analytical: they are used to collect information on the behavior of users of the site, such as the number of visits, the most viewed pages, the channels of origin of the visitors. We use them to collect this data anonymously and in aggregate;
- profiling, sent by third parties: they are the cookies used to track the user’s browsing on the net and create profiles on his tastes, habits, choices … Through the information contained in these cookies, for example, they can be transmitted to the device of the user advertising messages in line with the preferences already expressed by the same user in online browsing.
What cookies do we use and how, as a user, can you control them?
Cookie for the management of consent
To register the consent to the use of “remarketing and profiling” cookies on your device, we use a technical cookie that contains information on this consent or refusal; its absence from your browser or device is considered to be waste.
How to block it: if you do not want to receive any type of cookie, you can totally disable them from your browser settings (see below).
Analytical cookies and for statistics
These Google Analytics cookies are used to collect, in anonymous form, data on the use of the site by visitors. They allow, for example, to know how many people visit the site, what are the most viewed pages, the channels of origin and other data on the use of the contents. To find out more, we recommend that you read the complete information on Google Analytics; you can express or withdraw consent to the use of these cookies through the tools made available by the suppliers of these services.
Source: Google Analytics.
How to block it: you can use the browser add-on for deactivating Google Analytics, downloadable from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Functionality and advertising cookies for the multimedia elements of the site
These third-party cookies are used for the functioning of the multimedia elements on our site, such as YouTube videos, Google maps, sharing tools on social networks, widgets of social networks. The data collected by third parties could be used for other purposes, including advertising. You can express or withdraw consent to the use of these cookies through the tools made available by the suppliers of these services.
Origin: third parties.
Information and information on how to control their use: use the links below.
Google and Youtube: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=it and https://privacy.google.com/intl/it_ALL/your-security.html
AddThis: http://www.addthis.com/privacy and http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out
What if I don’t want any cookies or if I want to delete them from my browser?
You can disable cookies from your browser settings – when you do, also remember to delete all the cookies already present, for safety. Here are the links to the instructions for disabling cookies in the most popular browsers (links verified on the last update date of this document):
INTERNET EXPLORER https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
SAFARI (iOS) https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
If you disable cookies, we will not be able to guarantee the optimal functioning of the site.
To know more
If you have any doubts or further questions regarding the topic or the use we make of cookies, or for reports, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.